Thanks a lot to aqrit, I think he is the most experienced developer for all the ddraw things.
He just released the new version of his well-known ddraw.dll especially for war2!
I checked it on different systems: WinXP x64, Win Vista x32, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Win10 R2 x64, Win2012 R2 x64 — some of them as virtual machines, some on real computers.
War2 behaviour is exactly the same for every OS:
- Palette have been correct for all tests: Alt-tab never broke it, creating game and back to chat never broke it.
- Random palette breaks have not been happened for me also.
- PrtScr works fine in-game and saves the same picture that you can see during the game.
While the majority of display issues are fixed, there are still a couple minor bugs:
- Screenshots taken in the chat lobby save as a solid cyan square. (You can get around this by pressing Alt+PrtScr, then Alt+tab, run MSPaint and paste the screenshot from the clipboard. Complete instructions here.)
- Videos saved with Warvid blink/flicker somewhat, though are still watchable.
Chat lobby anti-aliasing makes text appear slightly blurry.Fixed in a later release.
Installing the DDraw Patch
- Here’s the dll file (enough to play):
- Here’s the original archive including the source code (for developers):
Copy & paste the ddraw.dll file into your War2Combat directory — that’s it!
Check out the forum thread for more information & discussion.
Leave a Reply