- After logging into the server, click on the blue “Create” button on the left side of the screen.
- Type a descriptive name into the “Game Name” field, then click on “Browse” to select your desired map
- After you choose a map, you will want to review the various game settings. The most common Game Type is “Top vs Bottom”, and the most common Speed is “Fastest”. The “Even Faster” speed setting is also commonly used for a more classic style of gameplay, but the rest of the speeds are considered much too slow for casual games.
- For Resources, “Map Default” is typically used for custom maps, while “High” is used for classic maps.
- For certain maps (especially customs) it’s advisable to uncheck the box labeled “One peon”, which refers to the units each player will have when the game starts. Common
- If you want to host a private game between you and another player or players, you can also optionally add a password that users will need to enter in order to join your game.
- After you’ve finished making your selections, click on “OK” to create the game.
- You will now find yourself in the pre-game lobby. After a suitable number of players join the lobby click on “OK” to begin the game.
- If other players can’t join your games due to “high latency”, you will need to forward ports on your router before you can host games. Read the guide to fixing hosting issues.
Illustrative screenshots forthcoming! c: