This article covers the following:
Common Bugs & Other Problems
- Display glitches in the lobby
For example: rainbow colors, black boxes, overlapping windows, broken screenshots, etc. Fix it with the new ddraw patch available at en.war2.ru/ddraw
- People can’t join games you host
If you see a message saying your port is closed or people can’t join your games because of “high latency” then you need to set up port forwarding in your router. Check war2.ru/hosting for info/instructions.
- Missing music/other sound effects
The music & some other sfx are removed from war2combat for portability. You can read how to restore them here.
Multiplayer Advice for New Players
- Our Discord chat server is very popular among new & casual players and a great way to find new opponents! Click here to visit it & request to be added to the @Peons role if you’re new. (If you don’t have the app you can still visit in your web browser without having to register or install.)
- If you’re new, try playing with people who have many losses and few wins. Type /stats username to view someone’s record
- Get banned/booted from a game? Next time ask to be a watcher (no play, no build, just hide your peon and watch others play)
- It’s required to take a screenshot during games when requested in order to police map hacking. If someone says SS or screenshot then immediately take one by pressing the “PrntScrn” key, then upload to ss.war2.ru after the game ends. More info here.
- Confused by the acronyms/shorthand people use? View a list of all common abbreviations at en.war2.ru/lingo
- Check out our custom ladder rankings at ladder.war2.ru
- The War2 Occult has some of the best strategy guides available, check them out at en.war2.ru/strats
- Player dellam has been known to hack and/or host rigged maps, be wary of his sweet talk & any games that are hosted by him
- Check out en.war2.ru/bios to view player biographies and submit your own!
- General-themed Trivia available now in channel: Trivia! Type /join trivia on the server to start playing! More info here.
Replays & Streaming
- Live streaming Warcraft 2 on Twitch.tv is easy and helps promote the game! Check en.war2.ru/stream for a step-by-step guide.
- There are tons of Warcraft 2 replays available on YouTube – check the profiles of “YouTube” and “War2TV” on the server for links to popular channels; there are also links on the Community page of the site.
- Watch players live streaming their matches at tv.war2.ru!
- See who’s online and our custom anti-hack status report at server.war2.ru/status
- Check out en.war2.ru/youtube for some good, top level recorded matches.
- Want to improve at Garden of war? Watch tk’s gow training vids at en.war2.ru/gowvids
Server Commands & Hotkeys
- Press F1 in the main channel to view information about joining/creating games and navigating the chat lobby.
- Press Alt+V to toggle channel Enter/Leave notifications.
- View a player’s win/loss record by typing /stats username or by double clicking their name in the right-hand list.
- Type /help and press enter to view a list of all available commands.
- Type /con to see everyone online on the server in all games and channels.
- Type /dnd (do not disturb) to hide all incoming private messages. Type /dnd again to disable.
- When you’re in a game press Ctrl+Enter to send a message to only your allies.
- Type /channels to view a list of all available channels and /join channelname to join another channel.
- Type /watchall to be notified when any user joins the server or enters/leaves a game. Type /unwatchall to disable.
- You can send a private message (pm) to another user by typing /w [username] [message]
- You can reply to the last person to send you a private message by typing /r [message]
- Add your favorite users to your friend list by typing /f a [username] and message them with /f m [message]
- Have a lot of friends? Type /f o to only view the ones that are online.
- View a comprehensive list of server commands for more!
- Our Discord server is the best way to get support, people there are very friendly & we have a dedicated #tech-support channel available to answer questions & help fix problems. (If you’re new to Discord you can click this link to join & chat in your web browser, no registration required.)
- Check out en.war2.ru/support for information about many common problems.
- Our forum is located at forum.war2.ru, check it out for WC2-related discussion and to get help with problems
- Need help with something on the server? If the user mousetopher is online you can send a private message by typing /w [mousetopher] [message] & I’ll usually see it right away, otherwise I’ll leave you a mail you can read next time you log on. I’m also usually available at our Discord server.
- Join our War2 Server Facebook group at en.war2.ru/fbgroup
Leave a Reply