This article covers the following:
Advice for New Players
- If you’re new, try playing with people who have many losses and few wins. Type /stats username to view someone’s record
- Get banned/booted from a game? Next time ask to be a watcher (no play, no build, just hide your peon and watch others play)
- If someone says SS (screenshot) you MUST take it and upload to ss.war2.ru, otherwise you will be considered a hacker. Check war2.ru/ss for more.
- If no one can join games you host because of “high latency” you need to port forward your router. Check war2.ru/hosting for more.
- Rainbow colors and broken screenshots in the chat lobby? Read how to fix it with the new ddraw patch at en.war2.ru/ddraw
- Confused by the acronyms/shorthand people use? View a list of all common abbreviations at en.war2.ru/lingo
- Check out our custom ladder rankings at ladder.war2.ru
- The War2 Occult has some of the best strategy guides available, check them out at en.war2.ru/strats
- Player dellam has been known to hack and/or host rigged maps
- Check out en.war2.ru/bios to view player biographies and submit your own!
- Warcraft 2-themed Trivia coming soon to channel: Trivia! Type /join trivia to play now. Scores posted at en.war2.ru/trivia
Replays & Streaming
- Live streaming Warcraft 2 on Twitch.tv is easy and helps promote the game! Check en.war2.ru/stream for a step-by-step guide.
- There are tons of Warcraft 2 replays available on YouTube – check the profiles of “YouTube” and “War2TV” on the server for links to popular channels; there are also links on the Community page of the site.
- Watch players live streaming their matches at tv.war2.ru!
- See who’s online and our custom anti-hack status report at server.war2.ru/status
- Check out en.war2.ru/youtube for some good, top level recorded matches.
- Want to improve at Garden of war? Watch tk’s gow training vids at en.war2.ru/gowvids
Server Commands & Hotkeys
- Press F1 in the main channel to view information about joining/creating games and navigating the chat lobby.
- Press Alt+V to toggle channel Enter/Leave notifications.
- View a player’s win/loss record by typing /stats username or by double clicking their name in the right-hand list.
- Type /help and press enter to view a list of all available commands.
- Type /con to see everyone online on the server in all games and channels.
- Type /dnd (do not disturb) to hide all incoming private messages. Type /dnd again to disable.
- When you’re in a game press Ctrl+Enter to send a message to only your allies.
- Type /channels to view a list of all available channels and /join channelname to join another channel.
- Type /watchall to be notified when any user joins the server or enters/leaves a game. Type /unwatchall to disable.
- You can send a private message (pm) to another user by typing /w username message
- You can reply to the last person to send you a private message by typing /r message
- Add your favorite users to your friend list by typing /f a username and message them with /f m message
- Have a lot of friends? Type /f o to only view the ones that are online.
- View a comprehensive list of server commands for more!
- Check out en.war2.ru/support for information about many common problems.
- Our forum is located at forum.war2.ru, check it out for WC2-related discussion and to get help with problems
- Need help with something on the server? Send mousEtopher a private message by typing /w mousetopher message. If I’m at my computer I’ll try to help you, otherwise I’ll leave you a mail you can read next time you log on.
- Join our War2 Server Facebook group at en.war2.ru/fbgroup